What is Community Outreach?
Community Outreach is how we put our love and gifts into actions. We partner with our local schools, local businesses and have a food pantry here at our church to serve our community.
Whether on your own or with a group if you are looking to help, you'll find resources below.
You can also check our calendar to see what we are doing together this year, as a church.
One More Child - Their mission is to provide Christ-centered services to vulnerable children and struggling families.
Sulzbacher Center - Providing opportunities for homeless men, women and children to achieve a better life.
Teen Challenge - Their vision is seeing all people freed from life-controlling issues through the power of Jesus Christ.
Pine Castle - Pine Castle is a leader in serving adults with intellectual and developmental differences (IDDs) and providing support to their families across Northeast Florida.
Lutheran Social Services - Everyone needs a fresh start at some point. Whether it’s a family having a hard time putting food on the table, or a refugee trying to find their place in a new world, Lutheran Social Services of Northeast Florida is here to help. For more than 40 years, we’ve empowered hundreds of thousands of people in Duval County to start again.
Our Community Schools - We partner with our own preschool to serve and support as well as our local Elementary and Highschool, listed below.
Argyle Christian Preschool - https://www.myacpk.com/
Chimney Lakes Elementary - https://dcps.duvalschools.org/cle
Westside High School - https://dcps.duvalschools.org/westside
Northeast Florida Community Hospice - Our mission is to improve the quality of life for patients and families and be the Compassionate Guide for end-of-life Hospice care in our community.
Hunger Fight - Join us in the fight to end hunger and illiteracy for local children.
Toys 4 Tots - The primary goal of Marine Toys for Tots is, through the gift of a new toy, help bring the joy of Christmas and send a message of hope to America's less fortunate children.
City/Trinity Rescue Mission - Helping the homeless on the road to recovery. With your help, we're changing the lives of the people in our communities by reducing homelessness.
Feeding Northeast Florida - We're on a mission to solve hunger in Northeast Florida. Feeding Northeast Florida is the largest, most efficient food bank serving Baker, Bradford, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Nassau, Putnam and St. Johns Counties.
Life group Outreach opportunities
- Help donate items or organize the Argyle Food Pantry
- Participate in annual Thanksgiving Dinner Outreach (contact Wendy Wright)
- Homeless blessing bags (donate items/ put together bags/ disperse bags)
- Volunteer for an Argyle outreach event (Easter Egg-stravaganza, Singing Christmas Tree, Trunk or Treat)
- Get involved with Night to Shine (every February)
- Donate diapers, school supplies., clothes, money, or volunteer with One More Child
- Donate items or volunteer with Sulzbacher Center
- Volunteer with Pine Castle
- Volunteer with HungerFight
- Help organize Lutheran Social Services’ food pantry or volunteer the mobile food pantry
- Serve food, donate items, and volunteer with Trinity Rescue Mission or City Rescue Mission
- Donate or volunteer with Feeding Northeast Florida
- Cleanup garbage in your local community
- Volunteer at Argyle Christian Preschool events (Spring Fling, Western Night)
- Help someone in the community/church with needed chores, yard work, or transportation needs
- Donate snacks/school supplies to our local school partners
Have questions? Want more information?
If you have questions you can email our Outreach team at email@example.com.
For our Outreach to be most effective, we need your feedback about how you are most likely to participate in the future. Please answer the 5 questions below to help us understand and plan for this year.